The Children’s Legacy Center (“CLC,” “we,” “us” or “our”) takes the security and privacy very seriously. As part of our commitment to use the information you share with us responsibly, we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information relating to you, your computer, or your device and that enables your identification (“Personal Information”).
This Privacy and Cookie Notice (this “Notice”) describes how we process Personal Information about you that we collect through each website or application operated and controlled by us from which you are accessing this Notice (the “Site”). This Notice does not apply to information that we collect offline, such as over the telephone or in person. By accessing and using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
1. Personal Information We Collect
What You Give Us: Some parts of the Site may ask you to submit Personal Information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or to participate in a particular activity. For example, you may voluntarily provide Personal Information to us in the following ways:
- Contact Us Forms and Correspondence: If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. For example, we collect the information that you provide on the “contact us” form available on the Site.
- Registration For An Account: Some parts of the Site may allow you to register for an account. If you register for an account with us, we will collect the information that you voluntarily provide when registering. This information may include your name, username, and password.
- Employment Applications: Some areas of the Site may allow you to submit information related to job opportunities with CLC. If you apply for an employment opportunity, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself.
- Subscribe to Mailing List: If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your email address.
- As Described at the Point of Collection: We may inform you of other Personal Information collected by or through the Site at the point of collection.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information submitted by you or otherwise collected through the Site for the purposes described in this Notice and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we use the information you provide for the reason for which it was provided. For example, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came. We may also use Personal Information about you as specifically described below:
- Requests, Inquiries, and Applications: We may use your Personal Information to process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications. So, if you request certain information from us, we will use your Personal Information to process and respond to your request.
- Manage Our Relationship With You: We may use your Personal Information to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, such as information about changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and other administrative information.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us operate, evaluate, and improve the quality of the Site; to better understand those individuals that utilize the Site; to verify your identity; to prevent, protect against, identify, or address fraud, unauthorized activity, claims, liabilities, and other wrongdoing; to provide you with customer service; and to generally manage our business.
- Employment: If you provide Personal Information to apply for a job with CLC, we may use the Personal Information you provide to evaluate your job application, consider you for that job or for similar jobs in the future, and contact you regarding possible employment.
- Analytics: We may use Traffic Data to perform data analytics. To learn more about how we use Traffic Data, please see Section 6 of this Notice.
- Legal Requirements, Industry Standards, and Contractual Obligations: We may use your Personal Information for complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our contractual obligations.
We may use non-personal information or aggregate information that does not identify an individual without restriction, and we may share such information with third parties.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to any member of our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Notice.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- Service Providers: Who are service providers that perform functions on our behalf. Examples include providing customer service, sending postal mail and e-mail, and providing marketing assistance.
- Business Transfers: In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
4. Your Rights and Choices
Where it is in accordance with your preferences, CLC may send you direct electronic communications, such as through email. You may “opt out” of receiving these electronic communications by following the instructions in the message that you receive, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating which communications you no longer wish to receive. Note that if you are a customer, we may still send certain administrative messages to you by email that relate to the products that you have ordered or services that you have signed up to receive from CLC.
You can opt out from certain cookie-related processing as described in Section 6 of this Notice.
5. Third Party Websites
6. Cookies and Other Passive Collection Technologies
As you navigate the Site, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without you actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your device: If you access the Site through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the device you use to access the Site.
- recognize your computer or device to make your use of the Site easier, such as to remember your locations of interest and other preferences with the Site; and
- gather statistical information about use of the Site in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how individuals use it, and to assist us with resolving questions regarding it.
You can visit https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
where you can review information on how to control cookies on a variety of browsers.
- Using Monitoring Tools: The Site may utilize pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, HTML5 Local Storage, HTML5 Mini Databases, and other similar technologies, both on certain aspects of the Site and in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to you. These monitoring tools are used for the purpose of, among other things, compiling statistics about Site usage and response rates and tracking the activities of users of the Site and e-mail recipients.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
7. Do Not Track
This Site does not process Do-Not-Track (DNT) headers transmitted by Web browsers.
8. Social Media
We may use social media plug-ins from social media networks like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter, which are labeled on our Site with the well-known symbols of the respective social network. If you interact with these plug-ins, your activity on the Site may also be made available to those social networks. In order to understand how those social networks, use and disclose your Personal Information, please review the privacy policies available on the websites of those social networks.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us and we are committed to handling that information carefully. We use reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem.
10. Information Related to Minors
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
11. Data Retention
We generally retain Personal Information for so long as it may be relevant for the purposes identified in this Notice or at the time the information is collected, unless a longer period of time is required by law.
12. Changes to Our Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases, we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law) permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Alternatively, businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose Personal Information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless the customer has opted-in to such information sharing. Accordingly, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties other than our affiliates for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes unless you opt-in, for example by checking a consent check box when providing us with your information.
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us: email@example.com
Last Updated: April 1, 2022 Copyright © 2022
CLC Incorporated. All rights reserved.